Thursday, February 18, 2010

Old Booking Through Thursday Questions

So, to the questions…
What kind of books do you like to read?

I like to read pretty much everything, though lately I have been gravitating towards books I know I can finish quickly (James Patterson, MaryJanice Davidson, YA books, stories in anthologies).

Why? Provide specific examples.
I'm reading things I know I can finish quickly so that I can get them off my HUGE Mount TBR.

Are you currently reading more than one book?
Yes.

If so, how many books are you currently reading?
2. One for fun and one for my American Lit class.

Is this normal for you?
Yes, during school.

Where do you keep your current reads?
Stacked up on my nightstand.

Do you buy the books you read, or do you borrow them from the library or from friends or from somewhere else?
Buy.

Do you prefer new or used books?
I prefer cheap books, haha. So however I can find the books I want cheapest (usually used).

If you buy them, do you keep them?
No. They leave my house after I read them, unless I've absolutely fallen in love and know I will reread them (doesn't happen often). But they tend to linger in Mount TBR for quite some time.

If you don’t keep them, how long do you hold on to them before letting them go? What do you do with them?
I don't hold on to them long after I've finished reading them. I stick them in my "Take to used bookstore" bag and when the bag is full, off they go.

Do you prefer to read hard cover or paperback books?
Paperback, generally.

Why?
Paperbacks are generally smaller and fit in my purse better.

Do you read books in the other format anyway?
Yeah, I'll buy and read whatever's cheapest.


No comments:

Post a Comment