Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Weekly Recap (3)

I've been having problems with Blogger. I haven't disappeared, I promise. Since Blogger's been giving me problems, I'll just do a weekly recap today, even though it's not my normal Friday update.

Since the last recap, I have read:

1. Every Boy's Got One- Meg Cabot
2. Changing Habits- Debbie Macomber
3. As I Lay Dying- William Faulkner
4. Stake That!- Mari Mancusi
5. A Crooked Kind of Perfect- Linda Urban
6. Tattoo- Jennifer Lynn Barnes
7. Party Princess- Meg Cabot
8. Princess on the Brink- Meg Cabot
9. Project 17- Laurie Faria Stolarz
10. Girls That Growl- Mari Mancusi
11. Geek Charming- Robin Palmer

Reading Now:
Her Patchwork Family- Lyn Cote
Back Cover:

Christmas is for Families...

And Felicity Gabriel intends to build a family right away! When she inherits a mansion, she decides to turn it into a home for orphans. But her first charges test her resolve. One child is a thief, suspicious of her kindness. The other is the local judge's traumatized daughter.

Broken by war, Judge Tyrone Hawkins is devastated when his little girl runs from him to Felicity. But Felicity's courage despite the town's scorn for her orphanage and her caring way with his daughter restore his lost faith. Now he wonders if they all can find the family they seek...just in time for Christmas.

I'm almost halfway done, and it's pretty good so far. I love the post-Civil War setting and the Quaker heroine.

No comments:

Post a Comment